Friday, December 27, 2013

Full Frontal Non-Nudity

One day, many years ago, I was on my way to meet a woman with whom I had arranged to go out on a date. She had told me to meet her at the place where she then worked, a drugstore on a main street. As I walked along the sidewalk towards the drugstore, I felt a sudden call of nature. And this call became quite loud quite quickly. I quickly entered problem solving mode.

After a few minutes of fruitless searching, the only obvious venue in which to respond to the call presented itself: a municipal swimming pool. With a mixture of urgency and gratitude, I proceeded towards and entered the building which housed the locker rooms, found the pertinent facilities, and expressed my rejoinder to the call of nature.

On my way out from the facilities, I again passed through the men's locker room. But I was unprepared for the vision which greeted me when I entered it.

Apparently I had entered the room at precisely the moment when the pool swimming hours had ended, or some such. For I found the room full of men who had clearly just completed a swimming session, as the water dripping from their bodies and their discarded bathing suits indicated, and were therefore at that moment in a state of complete undress. The incongruity of being the only clothed man in a room full of completely disrobed men was jarring.

In fact, there's but one word that perfectly captures how I felt at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment